Above and beyond, businesses offering the best
Our Retail Employer Of The Year awards take place every November - businesses across New Zealand and Australia are recognised for their efforts in creating some of the most sought after work environments. Voting opens in August however the foundations for being a great employer should already be sowed!
Our Retailworld Resourcing team meet with great retail businesses every day and get to witness firsthand what they are doing to foster a great Retail Employer Of The Year culture. Change doesn’t happen overnight, however, every step counts. Here are a few things some of the businesses we partner with are doing, which you could do too!
- Daily fruit & breakfast
- Mental health or volunteer days
- Team exercise events to promote mental health and keeping fit
- Health insurance - personal and/or family
- Friday drinks for the sales team
- Clothing allowance
- For 6 months after returning from maternity leave you can design your own roster
- Contributing above the min. 3% for Kiwisaver
- Additional annual leave
- Global trips for top x2 store managers
- Overseas training for their employees to learn and understand their product
- Paying above the minimum wage
- Bonus and/or commission on top of base/hourly rate
If you want to find out more about the awesome businesses we work with or get yourself a gig at one of these places, get in touch with us today! Nominations and voting for the Retail Employer Of The Year awards open in August, you can read more about the award here.